Thursday, October 23, 2014

Still Composition - Compose Your Frame



I took this in New Zealand circa new years 2012, somewhere about 6km outside of Queenstown at Moke Lake.

It uses the rule of thirds with the subjects that are in the foreground, and also shows a diagonal line with the mountain line in the back ground. It's not a third of the way from the bottom, but from the top with the contrasting bright blue negative space just above. The open space where the tall grass is on the right side helps with the balance (non-balance?) of the rule of thirds.

As far as vectors, or indication of motion, the line of the path and the direction my two friends are walking in implies a sense of direction, or motion vector.

2 comments:

  1. I love New Zealand and can't wait to get back. Where else did you go besides Queenstown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in Dunedin for 10 months! Got to go to Queenstown twice during my time there, went to Wanaka for a day, roadtripped around a bit.
      My last week there I was in Auckland and it was pretty sweet as well, but I really loved Dunedin, despite it's little size.

      Delete