Our style guide:
Product Concepts:
Ski/Snowboard Shuttle: Brian Head Sled
Style Guide Ideas:
fonts: Arial (body)
Arial Bold (headers 1)
Broken Glass (headers 2)
Projects (logo)
Brian Head (actual Brian Head Logo font)
Color Palette Resources:
Font Resources:
Website Creation Resources:
I created the website, and from the beginning I knew I wanted simplicity with it. As you can see from the designs above, our main colors were blues, greens, and purples. The buttons that Michael designed also had red. A lot of the designs have slashes or splatters, and a decent amount of texture in some of the font.
The font I used for the website was primarily one called Raleway. It came with the template that I started out with (although I changed the look of the template so much it didn't end up looking like a original example much), but we also included the broken glass font which Michael converted into images for me to put onto the site.
I wanted the colors to stand out but not blend and get too busy.
One each page I kept everything related and simple, but each one slightly different in the way it was laid out.
Our black and white logo keeps the continuity between pages, but the way the images and text are put together on each page separates them.
I tried to keep everything compact, in the sense that you can see all the information you want and need without scrolling down. I personally don't like to do a whole lot of scrolling when I'm trying to find information on websites. I also kept in mind the mobile application and how I wanted users on their phones, which is much of our demographic.
In terms of layout and placement of everything, I wanted things close, but not so close you couldn't separate each part. I think my favorite page was the "Reserve a Spot" page. The shadow of color in the back ground separates the page but in a way that it still flows well and isn't completely cut off.















No comments:
Post a Comment